I am pleased to announce that beginning Monday July 6th, School Systems FCU branches will reopen our lobbies to serve our members. Our branches will continue to provide most services through our drive-thru or electronic means, and those methods will be encouraged whenever possible.
While these times have been challenging for all of us, we were happy our staff was able to respond quickly at the onset of the pandemic to adapt and modify services to efficiently continue to serve your financial needs in the safest way possible. Now with recent successes to reduce the curve throughout the Capital District, we are excited and ready to welcome our members back into our lobbies and continue providing the excellent service you deserve and expect.
As we transition to this “new normal” for our branch operations, to keep our members and staff as safe as possible, modifications you can expect when visiting our branches will include the following:
- Lobby and Drive-thru hours beginning July 6th will be:
- Monday – Friday 9am – 4:30pm
- Friday 9am-5pm
- Saturday 9am-1pm
- Masks are required for all staff and visitors. If you happen to forget, we are happy to provide one upon entry to our lobbies. A staff member may ask that you briefly lower your mask to verify identity and we appreciate your cooperation with this request. If you prefer not to wear a mask, we will kindly ask that you exit our lobby and utilize our drive-thru services.
- A sanitizing station will be available in each location and we encourage you to sanitize your hands upon entry and exit of the building.
- Please remember to bring your own pen to complete your transactions, but we are happy to provide one for you to use and take with you.
- Please practice social distancing while in the branch by keeping a minimum of 6-feet between you and others in our lobbies. Floor decals will be in place to assist you with spacing at our teller areas and waiting chairs will be spaced apart if needed during your visit.
- Plexiglass barriers will be in place at each teller station and branch desk. Teller stations have also been spaced out to ensure social distancing while performing your transactions.
- In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, staff will frequently wipe-down high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Appointments for non-teller line banking needs are encouraged to avoid wait times.
- Children’s play areas have been temporarily removed.
- Public restrooms are temporarily closed.
- If you feel sick, or have recently traveled to any of the states currently on the list of quarantine travel locations, we ask that you refrain from visiting our branches and encourage you to use our electronic banking options, or contact a branch by phone to see how best we can assist you.
As we carefully reopen our lobbies, we continue to be thankful for your patience and cooperation over these last few months. We’ve missed you and are happy to welcome you back!
Joseph Wiley, CEO