School Systems Federal Credit Union continues to monitor the current situation regarding COVID-19, the novel coronavirus. The health and well-being of our membership, our staff and the communities we serve are very important to us.
While our branches are currently open for business and continue to serve the needs of our membership, we also understand the changing nature and gravity of the situation at hand. Extra precautions and additional sanitization methods have already been put in place for our branches and we are encouraging continuous hand washing for all our staff.
We are closely monitoring all state and federal announcements, as well as those from the CDC to ensure we are doing our part in keeping our community and staff safe, while continuing our primary focus of providing the best possible service to our members.
The credit union wants you to know that we are here to help you through this troubling time with all your financial needs, when you need them, including:
- Drive-thru teller usage is encouraged whenever possible.
- Our night drop boxes can be used to make your deposit any time – even during business hours so you can avoid the lobby if you are simply making a deposit. Night drops are checked each morning and temporarily we are also checking for any deposits received up to 4pm and those will be processed the same business day.
- Virtual Branch Online Banking and Bill Pay are available virtually 24/7 from anywhere you have internet access. View account balances, make transfers, pay your SSFCU loans or credit cards, send money to another person via PopMoney or make transfers between SSFCU and other financial institution accounts you have.
- Mobiliti banking with your mobile phone is available virtually 24/7 where you can view account balances, make transfers and pay bills.
- Our self-service ATMs are available to withdraw cash without having to come into a branch. Two are available at our Troy location (drive-up and walk-up), another walk-up ATM at our Albany branch or you can use one over the nearly 30,000 CO-OP ATM locations that are surcharge-free. Visit www.schoolfcu.com for a locator to search by zip code for the location nearest you.
- Call PAT (your personal automated teller) to hear account balances and recent transactions, make transfers between your SSFCU accounts or request a check be mailed to you at the address on file.
- Apply for a loan online or call a branch to apply by phone with all documents signed electronically.
- Should your transaction require a visit to one of our branch lobby areas, we ask that you practice the recommended 3-6 feet distancing between yourself and others whenever possible.
- If your income has been negatively impacted by the current situation, please reach out to us to see how we can best assist you.
The credit union will continue to provide updates via our website and phone messaging should it become necessary to make changes to our branch hours or availability. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate this unchartered territory. And most importantly, thank you for your continued membership with School Systems FCU.